Terms of Service
NBCUniversal Media, LLC, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112 (‘‘NBCU’’) invites you to join in on the fun with The Tour at NBC Studios (the ‘‘Tour’’) including giving you the opportunity to participate in the filming of a simulated production video during the Tour.
By making a ticket order, the named person on the confirmation agrees that they are at least eighteen (18) years of age and further agrees on behalf of themselves and all persons for whom they have purchased an NBC Studio Tour ticket that:
1. they have read these Terms of Participation and have the authority to and agree to be bound by them;
3. all members of the party participating in the Tour and Tour Video are at least eight (8) years of age.
As such, references to ‘‘you’’ and ‘‘your’’ in these Terms of Participation include the named person on the confirmation and all persons on whose behalf an NBC Studio Tour ticket is purchased.
NBCU will only deal with the named person on the booking in all correspondence.
These terms of participation (the ‘‘Terms of Participation’’) apply in addition to the Website's Terms and Conditions of Use, located at https://www.nbc.com/general/pages/terms/ (the ‘‘Website Terms’’) and govern your participation in the Tour and the filming of the Tour Video. Where these Terms of Participation conflict with the Website Terms, these Terms of Participation will apply. Both these Terms of Participation and the Website Terms contain important information regarding your legal rights. Please read them carefully.
Your participation in the Tour
1. By participating in the Tour, you understand and agree to the following:
a. You are required to comply with all safety rules and are cautioned to heed all warning. By accepting admission to the Tour, you agree to release NBCU from all responsibility for any loss, injury or damage, which you may incur by participating in the Tour;
b. Smoking, vaping or use of e-cigarettes is strictly prohibited on the Tour;
c. All Tour guests will be screened via magnetometer and all bags will be screened via X-ray and/or visual inspection;
d. Weapons, large bags and strollers are not permitted on the Tour;
e. The Tour takes place in a live production facility; no specific studio is guaranteed to be included on any Tour;
f. NBCU may expel or refuse to admit, without refund, any person whose conduct is objectionable; and
g. Latecomers will not be admitted.
Your participation in the Tour Video
2. By participating in the Tour, you, on behalf of yourself and all persons for whom you have purchased an NBC Studio Tour ticket, understand and agree that you will be invited to participate in a video experience (the ‘‘Tour Video’’). You or members of your party may opt out of participating in the Tour Video. NBCU will share the Tour Video with attendees of your tour group (which may include people outside of your party) via a link sent to ticket purchasers at the email addresses provided at the time of booking. The Tour Video can be shared online with anyone, including the public online.
3. By participating in the Tour Video, you consent on behalf of yourself and all persons participating in the Tour Video, including any persons under the age of eighteen (18), to the recording and use by NBCU, its licensees, successors and assigns, of your voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, performance, biographical material, and any other identifying information, including, without limitation, any information contained in the Tour Video, as used, edited, altered, fictionalized or modified by NBCU, in its sole discretion, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity for the purposes set out in paragraph 10 below.
4. NBCU is not responsible for the user generated content in the Tour Video and your participation. NBCU reserves the right to not share a Tour Video that it feels contains objectionable content.
5. You acknowledge and agree that you are participating in the Tour Video voluntarily, and not in confidence, and that no confidential relationship is intended or created between NBCU and/or any other person or entity, on the one hand, and you, on the other hand, by your participation in the Tour Video.
6. You understand that there will be no payment for your participation in the Tour Video. You understand that no industry custom or practice applies to your agreement that you will not be paid for your Tour Video. You understand that if you are selected to participate in the Tour Video, such participation will not be considered an employment opportunity.
7. You understand that it if you or anyone in your party does not wish to be a part of the Tour Video, that it is your responsibility to so inform your guide and that you will be assigned an ‘‘off camera’’ location to observe during the portion of the tour dedicated to the video recording.
8. NBCU will only offer refunds for cancellations made at least seven (7) days before your scheduled Tour.
NBCU’s use of the Tour Video
9. By submitting your contact information, you agree that NBCU may send you a link to view and/or share the Tour Video.
10. You also agree that the Tour Video may be broadcast during the Tour and on the Tour's website located at https://www.thetouratnbcstudios.com/ (the ‘‘Website’’), and that, subject to this restriction on use, NBCU may exploit the Tour Video howsoever it chooses in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity.
11. Subject to paragraph 10, you grant NBCU the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Tour Video and to incorporate the Tour Video in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide in perpetuity. You warrant that you have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to NBCU and that NBCU's reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Tour Video will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract.
12. You acknowledge and agree that NBCU, its licensees, successors, and assigns, will be entitled to retain any and all revenue generated from any sales, licenses, assignments and other transfers of the rights granted by you hereunder, as well as any and all revenue generated by the display of any advertising, publicity, promotional materials or distribution rights in connection with the Tour Video. Nothing in these Terms of Participation obligates or may be deemed to obligate NBCU or any other person or entity to exercise any of the rights granted by you under these Terms of Participation. NBCU and its successors, licensees and assigns, will have the unlimited right to assign these Terms of Participation and the rights granted by you under these Terms of Participation at any time, in whole or in part, to any party. You agree that NBCU, its licensees, successors and/or assigns, shall have no obligation to give you credit for your participation in the Tour Video, but in their sole discretion may elect to do so.
13. NBCU shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the Tour Video. Your participation in the Tour Video may not be identifiable. NBCU will have the right to make any changes to the Tour Video as it determines in its sole discretion.
Your use of the Tour Video
14. You acknowledge and agree that you will not alter the Tour Video in any way or share it online with any alterations whatsoever.
15. You acknowledge and agree that the music contained in the Tour Video cannot be used separately or apart from the Tour Video and that no ownership rights are being conveyed to you or anyone else by sharing the Tour Video with you. All rights remain with NBCU in and to the musical compositions/recordings contained in the Tour Video.
16. You acknowledge and agree that your Tour Video may be deleted by NBCU six (6) months after the date of your visit.
17. NBCU may modify these Terms of Participation at any time and such changes will be effective thirty (30) days following either notification to you or our posting of the changes on the Tour website (available at touratnbcstudios.com). Your continued participation in the Tour after NBCU posts changes to these Terms of Participation will be deemed acceptance of these Terms of Participation as modified. NBCU encourages you to check back here for any such changes from time to time.
18. These Terms of Participation shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of law rules.